LIO Libertarians Lead by Astronaut Ron Nader Welcome Space Privatization Advances: Trips for Public Coming
|Posted on October 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM|
New LIO Welcome Host and Board Observer Commander Astronaut Ron Nader developed an independent Civil Space Agency for Ecuador.
In 1977, LIO Board members, led by US Space pioneer and science publicists G. Harry Stine, successfully pushed for the first conference on private outer space colonization, hosted by the American Astronautical Society in San Francisco. LIO co-ordinator/international curator and facilitator Michael Gilson-De Lemos presented a critical and eye-opening overview, along with many Libertarians such as Robert Poole and other experts and visionaries saying it was time to get beyond the coercive paradigm and explore opportunities for civic action and entrepreneurs. The effort has lead to:
- Simple standards for space projects in the US
- The first spaceports built privately under state sponsorship
- Numerous conferences on peaceful colonization, and interest among entrepreneurs
Now news sources say billionaire entrepreneur Richard Branson recently stated that Virgin Galactic is on track to offer commercial space travel within 18 months, and that space hotels are next on the drawing board. The project's SpaceshipTwo, an aircraft built by aviation engineer Burt Rutan and designed to carry paying customers into suborbital space, had its maiden flight in the California desert in March."We just finished building SpaceShipTwo. We are 18 months away from taking people into space," Branson told a business conference in Kuala Lumpur, adding that the fare will start at 200,000 dollars.
To encourage the day when we will see a new frontier of privately-driven, low-cost, safe space colonization by peaceful humans respectful of rights, and general interest in Science and its peaceful uses by young persons worldwide especially in developing countries, along the lines of the "Star Trek Universe" delineated by former LIO advisor Gene Roddenberry (as opposed to the nightmarish cautionary tale of the movie Avatar) we salute our new LIO Welcome Host among the astronauts, scientists, authors and and homesteading proponents on our advisory board, Commander Ron Nader.
- Relation of seasteading and spacesteading ( http://seasteading.org/interact/forums/community/introductions/hello-seasteaders )
- Wiki article overview ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_colonization )
- RPPI Spaceport page ( http://reason.org/search/results/?cx=000107342346889757597%3All4jwmwz-2e&cof=FORID%3A11&q=space+ports#514 )