|Posted on April 6, 2015 at 12:45 AM|
Philosophy through EZ listening..?
A life philosophy of rationality, realism, rights, a romantic sense of life? We would like to call attention to 2 ongoing projects below to disseminate the 2 basic works on Objectivism, the Brandens' 'Introduction to Objectivism' and 'Principles of Efficient Thinking' which seek to alert, motivate, and assist the public with better tools for that philosophy...These're excellent surveys of the Aristotelian critique and proposals developed by Ayn Rand with additional material and integrated by the Brandens. Care is taken to avoid some of Rand's personal philosophy/opinions for an approach suitable to all, and she re-assured us that with her 'For the New Intellectual' these are the best starts.
- They introduce philosophy as the key tool in life with a structured historical survey and overview of key matters, provocative critiques of common misconceptions, key elements of being objective, and methods to better use of one's reason. Many find the study of philosophy much more comprehensible afterwards.
- You'll have a better idea of both the drama and the rise of Philosophy and Science, and relevance of Objectivist approaches-- and be motivated to study and use the tools of philosophy more.
- They're excellent for college students and others looking to improve mental skills and have an overview of philosophy and where it can help in daily life. Many report life transformations from understanding the need to practice better the fundamental ethical virtues of reason, productivity, and ethical pride; and the correlated social/moral virtues of respect for rights and focus on justice.
The links below are easily shared to interest one's e-circle and post on social media. Some parts are free and the sponsors hope to have them all free in time. Meanwhile, the CD's and/or tapes are periodically available at Amazon, with a book version of the Introduction as well. Finally, Nathaniel Branden continued with pioneering and influential work in psychology and self-therapy from a biocentric approach that many find very useful.
• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mfw7kqVU-U&list=PLyGcWIcRaC8cMUV6BfIHBAqcDvNcxH5xr (with link to a growing interactive book transcript of Branden's intro)...
• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3RRM-cqPdU (with link to purchase added tapes).